Upon receiving the conditional offer letter from the university and admissions letter from Eurasia Germany you need to apply for a student visa. The student visa is generally issued for a period of three months. We will assist and guide you with all the pre documentation leading up to obtaining your student visa. Generally you will have to submit the following papers along with your visa application.
- Letter of admissions from the higher education institution
- Proof of finance
- Certificate confirming health insurance
- Proof of previous educational qualifications and academic credits
- Proof of any German language skills you may have or plans to take an intensive language course in Germany.
For further information on visa you could visit www.colombo.diplo.de
- Submit your application early enough to obtain visa without a rush.
- Apply for the correct visa! Tourist and language course visas cannot be converted into a "student visa".
- Schedule your trip to Germany so that you have sufficient time to take care of the administrative obligations.
- Enrolment is a prerequisite for obtaining the "residence permit for purposes of study".
- Make sure your passport is valid for your entire stay. However, if your passport expires while you are in Germany we will help you extend your visa.
Once you reach Germany and if your study program should last longer than 90 days, you must apply for a residence permit in the town or city where you are studying. The residence permit is initially issued for two years but can be extended each time for a further two years depending on your academic progress. After graduating successfully in Germany you can apply for a one year extension for the purpose of looking for a job.